|Date of Issue:
11 October 2022
|In this week's Club Communications you will find information on the recruitment for coaches, managers and physios for the 2023 Player Development Programme, plus registration details for the upcoming Safeguarding Conference.
|Player Development Hubs 2023 - Coaches, Managers and Physios wanted!
|The Player Development Hub (PDH) programme returns in March and April 2023 for Boys U15, Girls U16 and U18 age groups.
The PDH programme aims are:
- To provide nominated players with quality coaching and additional playing and training opportunities.
- Support club and school coaches to improve the quality of their training environments.
- Develop players and coaches understanding of the Blueprint.
- Engage with parents to help them support the player development process.
- Provide an avenue for players to be identified for performance programmes.
We are in the process of recruiting lead and assistant coaches, hub managers and physios across the five Scottish Rugby regions. If you would like to apply for a role, please click on the links below or contact your PDH lead within your region.
Role descriptions and application forms are linked below.
Regional PDH Leads:
- Caledonia North - Lindsey.Smith@sru.org.uk | 07813 544 098
- Caledonia Midlands - Andy.Cummins@sru.org.uk | 07580 463 857
- East - Lesley.Nicholson@sru.org.uk | 07870 494 914
- Glasgow North - Jennifer.Miller@sru.org.uk | 07580 904 891
- Glasgow South - Alan.Falconer@sru.org.uk | 07764 178 952
Please note that the player nomination process will open in November 2022. Further details will be shared nearer the time.
|Player welfare reminder: tackle technique
|Improving the tackle technique of all players is a key responsibility of coaches at all levels of the game. In the video linked below, Chris Paterson outlines the four key points for coaches to look at to help players develop the skill – eye to thigh, foot in the hoop, shoulder contact, and head in behind.
|Safeguarding Conference - registration open
|Registration to attend Scottish Rugby's Safeguarding Conference on Saturday 19 November (9.30am-12.15pm) at Novotel, Edinburgh Park is now open.
Club's can now register for two conference tickets and two complimentary tickets to Scotland v Argentina!
We are delighted to confirm our keynote speaker – Bill Woodside, Chief Operating Officer, Ineqe Bill is a founding partner and Chief Operating Officer at Ineqe Safeguarding Group, where he has specialised in the delivery of safeguarding training and consultancy.
The Ineqe Safeguarding Group delivers specialist advice, knowledge, leadership and technical solutions to identify and reduce risk associated with young people and their safeguarding context. Bill is a former senior Police Officer with over twenty-seven years policing experience, both in the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) and previously in the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC).
We will also be joined by David Black, Service Manager, Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport, Children 1st and Dr Mat Wilkie, Trans Inclusion Officer, LEAP.
We are happy to offer two complimentary tickets per attendee to the Scotland v Argentina match taking place in the afternoon (kick-offf 3.15pm).
In order to reserve your tickets please follow these instructions:
- If you don't have one already, please create a ticket profile on our website https://www.eticketing.co.uk/scottishrugby/Authentication/Login
- Once you have registered make a note of your client reference number
- Book your attendance to our Safeguarding Conference via Eventbrite, you will be asked to submit how many tickets you would like to request (max 2 per attendee) and for your client reference number
- Your tickets will be issued via your Scottish Rugby ticket account nearer the time
Further details including a full itinerary for the day will be circulated prior to the event.
|Glasgow Warriors Group Ticket Offer
|Glasgow Warriors’ Group Match Ticket Offers are the perfect opportunity for clubs to come to Scotstoun and back the Warriors in both the BKT United Rugby Championship and EPCR Challenge Cup.
Save up to 15% off the cost of full priced Adult match tickets when purchasing 15 or more in Bronze, Silver and Gold categories across Scotstoun Stadium.
The club’s next match is Friday 28 October (kick-off 7.35pm) against Italian side Benetton in the BKT URC.
To book your Group Match Tickets, please contact the Scottish Rugby Ticket Office on 0131 378 1600 (office hours are Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm (excl. Wed)) or e-mail email@example.com
Standard Ticketing Ts & Cs regulations apply. Discounts are only available on select games and are subject to availability.
|Rainbow Laces Week starts next week!
|Once again, Scottish Rugby are supporting the Rainbow Laces campaign and we invite our rugby communities to join us!
The campaign aims to give greater visibility to LGBTQI+ people in sport, and allows people in sport to show their commitment to inclusion.
This year’s Rainbow Laces campaign will run from 19 to 31 October. This includes Rainbow Laces Day on Wednesday 26 October.
If your club would like to get involved in the campaign and purchase laces, click on the link below.
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This message has been sent to email@example.com because this email address is associated with an active role at your rugby club.
PLEASE DO NOT UNSUBSCRIBE
If you are no longer the relevant person to receive these emails – or if you have been forwarded the email by your club – please do not unsubscribe, as it will result in your club not being sent important information in the future. Instead, please ask your Club/School to update the contact details on SCRUMS or, alternatively, email your contact at Scottish Rugby.