If your club wishes to apply for either of these funds please ensure that the acceptance from is signed and returned to the Rugby Development Department at email@example.com no later than 17 August 2022.
Here is a reminder of the key details you and your clubs need to know regarding both the Club Investment Fund and the Developing Club Investment programme.
Club Investment Fund
· This season, the Supporting Clubs Investment Programme (SCIP) will be replaced by a newly developed Club Investment Fund.
· The core investment areas of this fund will focus on ‘Participation’ and ‘Growth and Sustainability’.
· Through this model, the amount of overall available funding to clubs and schools for travel to games in Scottish Rugby adult and youth competitions or any other Scottish Rugby organised game play programmes has doubled.
· Clubs will be automatically compensated for mileage to all their fulfilled Scottish Rugby fixtures, regardless of the distances involved. Previously payments were only available if the return journey exceeded 200 miles.
· Payments will be made in October 2022 and May 2023 by BACS transfer to the clubs nominated account.
· A further substantial change within the funding model will see teams competing in the Tennent’s Women's Premiership league able to claim up to £10,000 in medical support in-line with the Men’s Premiership.
Developing Clubs Investment programme
· This programme remains in place from last season, with updates to criteria for receiving investment under the ‘Minimum Operating Standards’ and ‘Growth and Sustainability’ categories.
· This funding is only available to those clubs that are not eligible for the Club Investment Fund.
· One of the key changes under this programme is the increase in funding for clubs fielding youth teams. Clubs will now be able to claim £500 per youth team, an increase of £150.
Clubs are now invited to review the Club Investment Fund summary document and Development Clubs Investment documents via the link below.